SECOND BI-WEEKLY REPORT OF TEACHING PRACTICE PHASE I

 THIRD SEMESTER SECOND BI-WEEKLY REPORT OF TEACHING PRACTICE

28th July 2025 – 1st August 2025



28th July 2025 (Monday):

I  taught "A Prescription for Life" by Jerome K. Jerome. The session focused on humour, exaggeration, and irrational fears. Activities included reading, vocabulary-building, loud reading, and sentence rearrangement. Students were engaged, though some struggled with pronunciation.

I helped distribute food at 12:45 PM and left school early due to a meeting on the commissioning of the new building for higher secondary students. It was a fulfilling day with  student participation and successful lesson delivery.

29th July 2025 ( Tuesday):

I taught the same lesson which started with an activity, followed by reading, vocabulary discussion, and a “True or False” activity. Students were engaged and enjoyed the humour.

Participated in the Mid-day Meal Programme and signed out at 4:15 PM. Students were enthusiastic and connected the text to real life. The humour helped boost engagement.

30th July 2025 ( Wednesday):

I continued teaching "A Prescription for Life". Used guided questions and fill-in-the-blanks to reinforce comprehension. Students actively participated.

After lunch duties, I attended the Gandhi Darshan Quiz and managed dispersal duties. It was a well-rounded day combining effective teaching and school event involvement.

31st July 2025 ( Thursday):

Today’s session was both insightful and enriching. I continued with the prise lesson. The students were responsive and engaged, particularly during the interactive entry activity and discourse tasks. 

The observation by my supervising teacher provided valuable feedback that I will apply in the coming days—especially the need to strengthen vocabulary instruction and promote more student participation.

The experience reaffirmed my belief in the importance of making lessons more student-centered and visually engaging. It was a productive day that ended with meaningful interactions, both in the classroom and beyond.

1st August 2025 ( Friday):

Today, I taught the autobiographical lesson "Little Things Matter"  by Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, focusing on how small habits contribute to personal growth and success. The session began with a link talk , followed by guided reading, vocabulary exploration, and comprehension checks. Students actively engaged in a discourse activity using idioms. In addition to teaching, I assisted with mid-day meal distribution and was assigned duties for the upcoming Sports Meet, including preparing chest numbers and helping with the jumping events.

Overall Reflection:

This week of teaching practice was both productive and enriching. I completed the lesson A Prescription for Life and introduced "Little Things Matter" , engaging students through humour, relatable themes, and interactive activities. My teaching strategies focused on improving vocabulary, comprehension, and student participation through discourse construction and contextual learning. Observations and feedback from my supervising teacher helped me identify areas for growth, particularly in vocabulary support and encouraging student-led learning. Beyond classroom teaching, I actively participated in school duties such as the Mid-day Meal Programme, Gandhi Darshan Quiz, and preparations for the Annual Sports Meet. The week offered valuable insights into balancing academic responsibilities with school events and deepened my understanding of student-centered pedagogy.

                         WEEKLY REPORT 4

4th August 2025 - Monday

#Fourteenth Day of Teaching Practice Phase I

On 4th August 2025, I had a fulfilling and productive day during my teaching practice. I reached the school at 8:45 AM and signed the attendance by 9:35 AM. My class was scheduled for the 2nd period with VIII C, focusing on the 4th and 5th passages of the lesson “Little Things Matter” by A.P.J. Abdul Kalam. The students responded well to the introductory interaction and link talk about the role of newspapers in the freedom struggle. They participated actively in both the reading sessions and the vocabulary enrichment activity. The highlight was the discourse construction activity where students created their own newspaper headlines. It was encouraging to see their creativity in action, and the best works were displayed on the board. 

Teaching aids used:

Blackboard

Coursebook

ICT

https://www.canva.com/design/DAGvI8wao50/f37kd_8PxC22TX_2VPbE0Q/edit

Activity


Later in the day, I took class 5B for PT in the 6th period, which was a joyful and refreshing experience. I also assisted with the mid-day meal distribution at 12:45 PM. 

Today, I got a substitution period for class VIII C during the 7th period and continued with the 6th and 7th passages of the same lesson. The session began with a brief revision and a link talk about the impact of World War II on ordinary people, which created a reflective and curious learning atmosphere. Students actively took part in reading activities and vocabulary building. The most enjoyable part of the session was the role play between Samsuddin and young Kalam. Although some students were initially shy and struggled with grammar and sentence framing, they gradually gained confidence. I corrected errors in dialogue construction and helped improve their tone and clarity during performance. The role play was a great tool to develop their spoken English and build confidence. Classroom behavior was generally good, with minor issues. 

Teaching aids employed in the classroom:

Coursebook

Blackboard

ICT

https://www.canva.com/design/DAGvI-W0uUc/oA3rwervJDd1TFa2DActivity  

Activity ( Role play as Samsuddin and young Kalam and to have a conversation between them)

After the students were sent out following the National Anthem, I left the classroom, signed the register, and exited the school at 4:10 pm with a sense of happiness.

๐ŸŒŸ Reflections on the Fourteenth Day

Overall, the day was well-balanced with meaningful classroom engagement and school duties.

Both classess offered valuable insights into students’ abilities and areas for improvement. I felt encouraged by their enthusiasm and responsiveness. These sessions reinforced my belief in using interactive, student-centered methods to improve language skills. I left the school feeling motivated and more confident in my teaching approach.

5th August 2025 - Tuesday

#Fifteenth Day of Teaching Practice Phase I

I reached the school at 9:20 am and signed the register by 9:36 am. I assisted in distributing lunch to students, attended two classes, and wrote chest numbers for the sports meet scheduled for 6th and 7th August at Paruthipally School. 

On this day, I taught from A.P.J. Abdul Kalam’s autobiography "Little Things Matter" (eighth and ninth paragraphs) to show how young Kalam balanced work and studies with responsibility. I revised the previous portion, showed a picture of a newspaper boy to set the context, and engaged students in active discussion.

The passage was read aloud and silently, with vocabulary explained through contextual clues. Scaffolded questions encouraged reflection on why Kalam felt proud despite being busy. In the discourse activity, students wrote diary entries imagining themselves as young Kalam, using phrasal verbs, and some presented their work for feedback. The session ended with a summary, review questions, and an assignment to write a diary entry about returning home after the first day of delivering newspapers.

Teaching aids encompassed:

Blackboard

Coursebook


Activity Cards ( Fill in the blanks of the diary entry with phrasal verbs)

ICT 

https://www.canva.com/design/DAGu7qlTyrg/Ix71Rkc0El-HuX5rIOC10g/edit


I taught the lesson "Little Things Matter" by A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, focusing on the tenth paragraph in the substitution period ( 7th period).The aim was to help students appreciate dedication, punctuality, and responsibility through Kalam’s experience of collecting newspapers from a moving train. The class began with informal interaction and revision, followed by reading activities, vocabulary explanation, and the use of blackboard and PPT aids.

For the discourse construction task, students wrote a formal letter to the Divisional Manager, Southern Railway. They participated actively, although a few boys were talkative. The lesson achieved its objectives, promoting both language skills and value education. The assignment given was to cut out a newspaper headline and write a short summary of the news in their own words.

Teaching aids used in the class:

Coursebook

Blackboard 

ICT 

https://www.canva.com/design/DAGvltrLo1A/f2HyTnFYfqB926NLOle9DA/edit

Activity 


At 3:30 pm, I sent the UP students upstairs, and at 4:00 pm, the HS students were sent out of the school in a disciplined line.

๐ŸŒŸReflections on the Fifteenth Day

Today, I assisted in distributing lunch, attended two classes, and helped prepare chest numbers for the upcoming sports meet. I taught the eighth, ninth, and tenth paragraphs of "Little Things Matter" by A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, using discussions, contextual vocabulary, and diary-writing activities to highlight values like dedication and responsibility. I also managed discipline during dismissal. The day strengthened my skills in classroom management, using visual aids, and balancing teaching with co-curricular duties.

6th August 2025 - Wednesday

#Sixteenth Day of Teaching Practice Phase I

I reached the school at 9:15 am and signed the attendance register by 9:30 am. The campus was already buzzing with excitement as today was the much-awaited sports day of the school. The weather was sunny, but the spirit of the day was bright and cheerful.









The programme began with the hoisting of the school flag by the principal, marking the formal commencement of the events. Students from different classes participated with great enthusiasm, cheering each other on and giving their best in every competition. As part of our duties, we were assigned responsibilities such as assisting in the events:

Arunima (Social Science) – Starting Point

Nikhila (Social Science) – Finishing Point

Anupama (Natural Science) – Throwing Events

Aadithya (Hindi) – Jumping Events

Jinsa (Hindi) – Throwing Events

Sandra I Sam (English) – Jumping Events

ensuring fair play, and recording the winners’ names. In addition, we also joined the refreshment team, helping to distribute drinks and glucose to the participants to keep them hydrated. First aid arrangements were kept ready to handle any emergencies, ensuring the safety and well-being of everyone .

The  highlight of the day was the initiative taken by the NSS students from plus one and plus two. They set up stalls selling ice cream and other snacks to raise funds for bedridden students. We were happy to support their cause by making small contributions, knowing it was for a meaningful purpose.

https://www.canva.com/design/DAGvl9NzVM4/C_Oq_5oal5mjXWYe3hOyEw/edit


Though the sun blazed above, the enthusiasm of the students, the lively music, and the encouraging announcements kept everyone’s spirits high. The sense of unity, teamwork, and sportsmanship filled the atmosphere.

The events concluded by 2:15 pm, after which we had our lunch. We left the school by 3:00 pm, signing the register before departure. 

๐ŸŒŸReflections on the Sixteenth Day

This day was not just about sports—it was also an opportunity to interact with students we had not spoken to before, allowing us to form new friendships and strengthen bonds within the school community. It was truly a memorable and fulfilling experience.

7th August 2025 - Thursday

#Seventeenth Day of Teaching Practice Phase I

I reached the school at 9:20 am and signed the attendance register by 9:32 am.


Today was the second and final day of the school’s sports events, and the atmosphere was vibrant and full of excitement. It was a wonderful day filled with energy, teamwork, and celebration.


The students participated enthusiastically in various competitions. We carried out our assigned duties efficiently, which included monitoring events, checking for fair or foul play, and recording the names of the winners. This gave us valuable experience in understanding how to organize and manage a sports event.

The NSS students of plus one and plus two continued their fundraising initiative by selling ice cream and snacks to collect money for bedridden students. We were happy to support their cause by contributing as well. 

Despite the hot sun, the lively music, spirited announcements, and enthusiasm of the students kept the energy high and the atmosphere cheerful. 

The events concluded by 2:00 pm, followed by the prize distribution ceremony and the lowering of the flag, marking the official end of the sports meet. 



After lunch, we signed the register and left the school by 2:30 pm.

๐ŸŒŸReflections on the Seventeenth Day

The day not only gave us the joy of being part of a well-organized event but also provided an opportunity to interact with students we had not spoken to before, helping us build stronger bonds.

8th August 2025 - Friday

#Eighteenth Day of Teaching Practice Phase I

As it was Friday and their was school assembly , I reached the school by 9:00 am and signed the attendance register.

During the morning assembly, after the prayer song, the Principal addressed the students and gave instructions. 

A special address was delivered on the occasion of Hiroshima Day, commemorated through speeches by Ananya of Class 9B and the Social Science teacher. Prizes were distributed to the winners of the quizzes conducted as part of Chandrayaan Day celebrations and the Gandhi Darshan Quiz.

The school compound was decorated with posters on Hiroshima Day, “No War but Peace” slogans, and origami cranes.


https://www.canva.com/design/DAGvmWk1vSc/btcbL5J4Kq6Q0kIrQ7ct6w/edit

At 12:30 pm, we distributed mid-day meal to the students.  our guidance, a poster-making and quiz competition was conducted. A flash mob was organised at 1:15 pm, which turned out to be a huge success. The entire day was filled with various activities.

Today, I handled the class on “Little Things Matter” by A.P.J. Abdul Kalam for Standard VIII C. The portion covered was the 11th and 12th paragraphs, which describe Kalam’s morning routine of delivering newspapers in Rameswaram and the values he developed through this responsibility.

The session began with an informal interaction to connect the topic with students’ own experiences. Teaching aids such as the coursebook, blackboard, ICT tools, and activity cards were effectively used. After revising the previous lesson, I linked the new content through guided questions. Students listened attentively to the loud reading, participated in vocabulary explanation, scaffolded reading, and group activities. They read aloud with proper pronunciation and intonation, answered scaffolded questions, and sequenced events from Kalam’s routine using the sequencing task.

The discussion on the passage helped students reflect on the importance of discipline, punctuality, and responsibility in everyday life. The blackboard was used to write new vocabulary, while ICT tools were used to display visuals and activity prompts. The class concluded with a short review and clarification of doubts. The assignment given was to write a short paragraph on a responsibility they have taken in life.

Teaching aids employed are:

Coursebook

blackboard

ICT

https://www.canva.com/design/DAGvZgn5nJU/rxBq4IRp7jIWghan5R4eDw/edit

Activity Cards ( To rearrange the routine of young Kalam in correct order)

The school dispersed at 3:45 pm and we left for home at 4:00 pm after signing the attendance register.

๐ŸŒŸReflections on the Eighteenth Day 

It was a vibrant and engaging day, marked by meaningful assemblies, competitions, and creative activities in connection with Hiroshima Day. The class on Little Things Matter went smoothly, with students actively participating in discussions, reading, and sequencing activities. The use of varied teaching aids enhanced learning, and the session successfully instilled values of discipline, punctuality, and responsibility.




Comments

Popular Posts