FIRST BI- WEEKLY REPORT OF TEACHING PRACTICE PHASE I
THIRD SEMESTER FIRST BI -WEEKLY REPORT OF TEACHING PRACTICE
15th July 2025 – 18th July 2025
During the first week of my teaching practice at Paruthipally School, I had the opportunity to engage in a range of classroom and school activities. Each day brought new learning experiences, helping me to transition from a student to a teacher trainee with more confidence and responsibility.
15th July 2025 (Tuesday):
My first day was filled with excitement and nervousness. I introduced myself to Class 8C, assisted in the mid-day meal distribution, and attended an NSS exhibition. I also took part in school dispersal duties. The day helped me familiarize myself with the school environment and students.
16th July 2025 (Wednesday):
I taught the first stanza of “Hope is the Thing with Feathers” in Class 8C using ICT tools, videos, and activity cards. I also continued with mid-day meal duties and dispersal responsibilities. The class was attentive, and the session went smoothly, enhancing my teaching confidence.
17th July 2025 (Thursday):
I taught the second stanza of the poem, introducing literary devices like anaphora and identifying rhymes through interactive discussions. I actively participated in meal distribution and observed extracurricular activities like sports and martial arts. The day improved my classroom interaction skills and discipline management.
18th July 2025 (Friday):
On the fourth day, I handled the third stanza of the poem using creative entry activities, visual aids, audio recordings, and vocabulary exercises. The session was highly interactive and engaging. I also performed my usual duties during mid-day meals and dispersal time.
Overall Reflection:
The week was a highly enriching experience that strengthened my teaching skills. I gained valuable insights into lesson planning, classroom management, and student engagement. I was able to confidently use multiple teaching aids, including ICT, to make learning more effective. The involvement in non-academic activities like meal distribution and extracurricular sessions helped me understand the holistic functioning of a school.
Overall, the first week of teaching practice instilled in me a sense of responsibility and motivation to improve further as a teacher.
WEEKLY REPORT 2
21st July 2025 - Monday
#Fifth Day of Teaching Practice Phase I
I reached Paruthipally School at 9:00 am and signed the attendance register by 9:35 am. I had a substitution hour at 11:25. I have participated in the mid-day meal distribution at 12:30 pm, which helped me engage more closely with students outside the classroom.
Today, I taught the prose lesson “A Prescription for Life” by Jerome K. Jerome in Class 8C during the sixth period (2:15 pm to 3:00 pm). The class was designed to promote comprehension of humor in literature, vocabulary enrichment, and real-life application of the theme.
In today’s class, I used a variety of interactive methods to teach the prose lesson “A Prescription for Life.” The session began with an informal interaction and a picture-based entry activity to engage students. I used reading activities (teacher reading, silent reading, and loud reading), vocabulary explanation, and scaffolded questioning to enhance comprehension. Students actively participated in a vocabulary matching activity and presented their answers. The class ended with a review, clarification of doubts, and a short assignment, making the session engaging and effective.
Teaching Aids Used:
Coursebook
Blackboard
ICT (image-based activity)
https://www.canva.com/design/DAGtC7JZPRI/p_sSsmff-qF_xyGcoyByIA/edit
Activity Cards(for vocabulary matching)
I performed dispersal duties for UP students at 3:30 pm and HS students at 4:00 pm. At 3:30 pm, the higher secondary school students of GVHSS Paruthipally commemorated Moon Landing Day under the coordination of NSS . Speeches and awareness sessions were conducted to highlight the significance of the 1969 moon landing by Neil Armstrong. The event inspired students to appreciate scientific achievements and encouraged interest in space exploration.
I signed the office register at 4:09 pm and left the school premises at 4:15 pm
🌟Reflections on the Fifth Day:
The fourth day was enriching and effective. Students were highly engaged in both the textual discussion and vocabulary activities. Using pictures, guided questions, and interactive tasks maintained high energy and attentiveness throughout the session.The session also allowed students to connect literature to real-life experiences like self-diagnosis and anxiety.
This day strengthened my ability to deliver prose lessons confidently and manage classroom interaction effectively. Overall, it was a fulfilling and positive day of teaching practice.
23 rd July 2025 - Wednesday
# Sixth Day of Teaching Practice Phase I
Today was a good and fulfilling day. I reached the school at 9:30 a.m. and signed the attendance register soon after that.
At 11:25 a.m., I attended the 8 C class. Today, I continued with the prose lesson “A Prescription for Life” by Jerome K. Jerome for Class 8C during the 3rd period (11:25 to 12:05 pm). The lesson focused on developing students’ understanding of humour in literature, enriching vocabulary, and drawing real-life connections to the theme.
The session began with an informal interaction and a picture-based entry activity to capture student interest. Various reading strategies—teacher reading, silent reading, and loud reading—were employed to build fluency and engagement. I explained key vocabulary and the overall text, introduced the idiom "Mountains out of Molehills", and used scaffolded questioning to check for comprehension.
Students participated enthusiastically in an interactive synonym and antonym activity using activity cards and shared their responses with the class. The session concluded with a brief recap, doubt clarification, and a creative assignment in which students were asked to invent a new, fictional disease.
Teaching Aids Utilized:
Coursebook
Blackboard
ICT tool
https://www.canva.com/design/DAGuLvQbNI4/cJz7GaJpIAQMFga3gQo8pQ/edit
Activity cards (for finding antonyms and synonyms)
Additional Duties Performed:
At 12:45 p.m., I participated in the distribution of food as part of the Mid-Day Meal programme. Assisted with UP student dispersal at 3:30 and HS student dispersal at 4:00 pm. The school was dispersed at 4:00 p.m. We signed the register at 4:10 p.m. and left for home.
🌟Reflections on the Sixth Day
Overall, the day was marked by positive interactions, smooth coordination, and a sense of satisfaction from fulfilling both academic and social responsibilities. It was a productive day with meaningful engagement both in the classroom and school activities.
25th July 2025 - Friday
# Seventh Day of Teaching Practice Phase I
I reached Paruthipally School at 9:25am and signed the attendance register by 9:27 am. At 12:30 pm, I participated in the mid-day meal distribution, which provided a valuable opportunity to engage with students informally and build rapport outside the classroom environment.
During the sixth period (2:15 pm to 3:00 pm), I taught the prose lesson "A Prescription for Life" by Jerome K. Jerome to Class 8C. The focus of the lesson was the third paragraph, in which the narrator humorously imagines that he has every disease mentioned in a medical encyclopedia, except for “housemaid’s knee.” The primary objective of the class was to help students understand how humour can reflect human tendencies such as self-diagnosis and unnecessary worry, while also enhancing their reading comprehension and vocabulary.
The session began with an informal interaction to create a relaxed atmosphere, followed by a picture-based entry activity using ICT to activate prior knowledge. Students were asked about common diseases they had heard of, which helped establish a personal connection to the theme. I then read the passage aloud with appropriate tone and expression, after which students engaged in silent reading. Difficult vocabulary was identified and explained on the blackboard with examples for better understanding.
I used scaffolded reading and guided questioning to help students understand the narrator’s exaggerated behaviour in a humorous light. Students actively participated in a vocabulary matching activity using activity cards, followed by a word puzzle where they unscrambled disease names like ague, cholera, diphtheria, and housemaid’s knee. They confidently explained each disease in their own words, showing good comprehension and vocabulary retention.
The class concluded with a quick review of the key points and clarification of doubts. As an assignment, students were asked to write the names of one disease each starting with the letters A, B, and C, and to describe each with a sentence. This task encouraged independent thinking and contextual vocabulary use.
Teaching aids used:
Coursebook
Blackboard
ICT tool
https://www.canva.com/design/DAGttL0hoUQ/cxNWRZ4FYi0QNKBQRS0oJQ/edit
Activity Cards( for rearranging jumbled words)
I also performed dispersal duties for Upper Primary students at 3:30 pm and High School students at 4:00 pm.We signed the register at 4:10 p.m. and left for home.
🌟Reflections on the Seventh Day
Today’s class on “A Prescription for Life” was engaging and effective.Students understood how humour reflects human tendencies like self-diagnosis. ICT tools and vocabulary activities enhanced interest and participation.Learners confidently completed the word puzzle and responded well to questioning.Mid-day meal duty and dispersal tasks helped build informal rapport.Overall, it was a meaningful and productive day of teaching practice.
26th July 2025 - Saturday
# Eighth Day of Teaching Practice Phase I
Today, I reached GVHSS Paruthipally at 9:30 am and signed the attendance register. As part of my teaching practice Phase I, I had a class during the 4th period with the students of Class 8. This is the eighth day of my practice, and I conducted a literature session based on the humorous prose passage from Jerome K. Jerome’s Three Men in a Boat. The objective of the lesson was to help students understand humour and exaggeration in literature, while also improving their reading comprehension and vocabulary skills.
I began the session with informal interaction to build rapport and create a relaxed classroom environment. This was followed by a recap activity where students recalled the imaginary diseases the narrator believed he had. It set a lively tone and sparked student curiosity. I then introduced the fourth paragraph of the lesson using a link talk and read it aloud using voice modulation and expressions to highlight the humour. The students were attentive and showed active interest.
During the silent reading phase, students underlined unfamiliar words which led into a vocabulary enrichment session using contextual clues and real-life examples. I adopted a scaffolded reading approach—reading the paragraph again while explaining line-by-line. This was followed by guided reading where each student read a portion aloud, focusing on pronunciation and intonation. I asked comprehension questions to check understanding, and students were able to identify the humorous aspects of the narrator’s self-diagnosis, especially his disappointment in not having housemaid's knee.
In the next phase, I divided the class into small groups to summarise the fourth paragraph in their own words. Students shared their responses aloud, and I corrected grammatical errors and sentence structure. This collaborative learning activity encouraged participation and reinforced the lesson. I concluded the session with a reflective question to consolidate learning, and it was evident that students could clearly grasp the narrator's exaggerated style and found the humour enjoyable.
Teaching aids used:
Coursebook
Blackboard
ICT
https://www.canva.com/design/DAGttbIb-Wk/ORMlYNmVlmHYvHckI8PNbw/edit
Activity Card (To summarise the fourth paragraph of the text)








Comments
Post a Comment