FIFTH WEEKLY REPORT OF TEACHING PRACTICE PHASE I
THIRD SEMESTER FIFTH WEEKLY REPORT OF TEACHING PRACTICE
11th August 2025 - Monday
#Nineteenth Day of Teaching Practice Phase I
I reached the school at 9:05 a.m. and signed the attendance register by 9:35 a.m. Today, I took the second period for Class VIII C. I had prepared the lesson with the aim of helping students understand values such as responsibility, discipline, and aspirations through autobiographical writing. I selected the thirteenth, fourteenth, and fifteenth paragraphs from "Little Things Matter", which highlight Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam’s daily routine and dreams. My objective was to motivate the students and develop their LSRW skills.
The lesson began with an informal interaction to build rapport, where I asked students about their daily routines and interests. I then read the selected paragraphs aloud, paying attention to expression, intonation, and pronunciation to model fluent reading. Students listened attentively, and during silent reading, they identified difficult words, which we discussed together. I explained the meanings using contextual examples, pictures, and gestures to make them clear.
Some students initially faced difficulties with pronunciation and intonation, but with repeated practice, their confidence improved. Through scaffolded questions, I checked their comprehension, focusing on Kalam’s work after school, his dreams, and the qualities he developed. Most students answered confidently, especially when reinforced, showing effective peer learning. The class also engaged in a character web activity, which helped consolidate their understanding of Kalam’s personality traits.
Teaching aids used :
Coursebook
Blackboard
Activity Cards ( To create a character web using keywords)
ICT ( ppt + pictures)
https://www.canva.com/design/DAGvom0860c/EdVqrmFn--nC5M2E3gu_gw/edit
GIFs used
https://www.canva.com/design/DAGvslheF_w/7Ia87FX91GDjNdeaX02iPw/edit
In the afternoon, I assisted with the mid-day meal distribution at 12:45 p.m. As the GOTEC inauguration was scheduled for 13th August 2025, I helped students rehearse performances such as role play and anchoring. In the evening, at 3:30 p.m., I supervised and guided the UP students to leave in line, and at 4:00 p.m., I performed the same duty for the HS students. We left the campus by 4:12 pm after signing the attendance register.
๐Reflections on the Nineteenth Day
Today’s lesson for Class VIII C was engaging and productive, with students showing interest in Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam’s life and values while improving their language skills. Participating in school activities like mid-day meal distribution, GOTEC rehearsals, and supervising dispersal enriched my teaching practice and strengthened my sense of involvement in the school community.
12th August 2025 - Tuesday
#Twentieth Day of Teaching Practice Phase I
I reached the school at 9:02 am and signed the register by 9:35 am. In the afternoon, I assisted with the mid - day meal distribution. Today’s English class on the last two paragraphs of the chapter "Little Things Matter" for 8C standard in the fifth period was engaging and productive. I began with an informal interaction to build rapport, followed by a quick oral revision of the previous lesson. Through a link talk, I connected the earlier lesson to the new portion, sparking curiosity about Kalam’s early responsibilities.
The loud reading session went well, with me modeling pronunciation and intonation before students read aloud. Vocabulary was explained clearly with examples and illustrations, and students actively used new words in sentences. Activities like Think–Pair–Share encouraged participation, and ICT tools helped make the lesson more vivid and interactive. The assignment given to write a slogan based on the chapter was to evoke creativity and writing skills in the students.
The supervising teacher appreciated my voice modulation, class management, and effective questioning techniques. They noted my confidence, active presence, and strong teacher–student interaction. Overall, the class met its objectives, enhancing students’ reading, vocabulary, and speaking skills while inspiring them with Kalam’s life values.
Teaching - Learning aids:
Coursebook
Blackboard
ICT
https://www.canva.com/design/DAGvysQsisA/AbZaytyqU8rc9Jd_ARQ0gw/edit
GIFs
https://www.canva.com/design/DAGv4RE19Nw/dIvC3qjmza4hmUS4CxuTBA/edit
Activity ( To write down the responsibilities of the students at school and home and present it to the whole class)
Later, at 3:30 pm, students attended SPC training, which was beneficial for them. I had the duty to guide the HS students to leave in line at 3:55 pm. We left for home at 4:10 after signing the register. It was a positive and fulfilling day of teaching and learning.
๐Reflections on the Twentieth Day
It was a fulfilling day as I could complete the lesson I was dealing with and achieved its objectives. Students actively participated and improved their language skills while learning inspiring values from Kalam’s life. Positive feedback from the supervising teacher boosted my confidence.
13th August 2025 - Wednesday
#Twenty - first Day of Teaching Practice Phase I
I reached the school by 9:30 am and signed the attendance register. As today was the inauguration of GOTEC, my responsibilities as an English trainee teacher included arranging the room for the programme, setting up the children, and capturing photos and videos of the entire session.
The programme began with a welcome speech by the UP English teacher, Sherly, who greeted the honourable guest Smt. Mini A, member of the District Panchayat, Thiruvananthapuram, along with other dignitaries—Kala J L, the Principal of the school, English faculty Mr. Bivin Kumar T K, and VHSE teachers. The anchor then invited the prayer group to seek blessings from God Almighty. This was followed by an interaction where former GOTEC student members shared their experiences and congratulated the newly inducted members from Class VII. The guest and other faculty members also addressed the gathering, emphasising the value and importance of being competent in the English language.
Principal Kala J L delivered the felicitation speech, after which the students presented an engaging role play on parts of speech. The programme concluded with a vote of thanks at 11:20 am.
During the 3rd period, I conducted an English grammar lesson for Class VIII C on the topic Modal Auxiliary Verbs. The objectives were to enable students to understand the definition and functions of modal auxiliaries, differentiate them from primary auxiliaries, and use them accurately to express ability, permission, probability, necessity, and obligation.
I began with a warm greeting and a short oral recall of primary auxiliaries like is, am, and are to connect prior knowledge to the new concept. To grab the students’ attention, I displayed example sentences and asked them to identify the special helping verbs. During the presentation stage, I used charts and ICT slides to explain the definition, characteristics, and uses of modal auxiliaries, highlighting that they are followed by the base form of the verb, do not change according to the subject, and express specific functions.
I presented a table of common modals with their uses and example sentences, supported by visual aids and real-life examples. The interactive phase included activities where students underlined modal auxiliaries in given sentences and identified their functions. They then created their own sentences using modals and explained their functions. I also introduced a Modal Dice Game, where students rolled a dice with different modals printed on each face and formed sentences based on a school-related theme. This added an element of fun and encouraged spontaneous sentence formation.
For reinforcement, students completed a short written task, adding appropriate modals to given root verbs like go, swim, and finish to form complete sentences. Most students applied the rules correctly, although some struggled to distinguish between could and might. I plan to include contextual dialogues and comparative exercises in future lessons to address this challenge. The Advance Organiser Model proved effective in linking prior knowledge to the new topic and fostering active participation.
Teaching aids used:
Coursebook
Blackboard
ICT
https://www.canva.com/design/DAGv4a03NPs/RQbnzyWUjp6_VY3_ylRwTg/edit
Chart
Modal dice
In the afternoon, at 12:45 pm, I assisted in serving the midday meal. After lunch, we guided students in cleaning the school campus in preparation for the next day’s inauguration of the new higher secondary building. The SPC, Red Cross, and Guide units were busy with practice sessions for receiving V. Sivankutty, Minister for General Education and Labour.
During the 7th period, we distributed questionnaires to secondary students for data collection on the awareness on peace education The day ended at 4:20 pm after signing the attendance register.
๐Reflections on the Twenty - first Day
It was a busy and productive day filled with programme duties, an engaging grammar lesson, and preparations for an important school event.
14th August 2025 - Thursday
#Twenty - second Day of Teaching Practice Phase I
Today was a vibrant and memorable day at GVHSS Paruthippally, filled with excitement, responsibility, and historic moments for the school community.
I reached the school by 9:40 am and signed the attendance register.
The morning buzzed with energy as the School Parliament Election was held across 25 classes, from Standard 5 to Plus Two. The voting process ran smoothly from 9:45 am to 12:45 pm, with students enthusiastically casting their votes. From the elected class leaders, 10 key posts were determined through a secondary round of voting, truly giving students a taste of democratic participation.
At 12:50 pm, we assisted in distributing the mid- day meal, ensuring all students were served promptly. The atmosphere was already charged with anticipation for the grand inauguration of the new school building scheduled for the afternoon.
By 2:00 pm, the campus was alive with welcoming cheers as the Honourable Minister for General Education arrived. Students greeted the minister warmly and even handed over a letter listing their grievances, to which he responded with genuine concern and assurance. The event marked the official opening of the new block, built at a cost of ₹3.90 crore, symbolizing a new chapter in the school’s growth.
A rally was also conducted as part of the celebrations, showcasing the spirit of unity and patriotism.



























Comments
Post a Comment