THIRD SEMESTER SEVENTH WEEKLY REPORT OF TEACHING PRACTICE
15th September 2025 - Monday
#Twenty - ninth Day of Teaching Practice
Phase I
I reached the school by 9:25 AM and signed the attendance register. Today, I handled a class for Standard VIII C during the second period. The lesson was from Malala Yousafzai’s autobiography "The Day My World Changed", covering the passage from “Is this the Khushal school bus?” to “leaned in right over us.” The session began with an informal talk about journalists and interviews, supported by an entry activity using a picture of a journalist with a notebook and camera. Students participated actively and responded well. Reading was carried out through teacher’s loud reading and students’ track reading. Vocabulary were introduced with pictures and examples. Scaffolded questions ensured comprehension. For discourse activity, students prepared and role-played an interview with Malala and Moniba. The lesson concluded with a summary and an assignment to write thought bubbles for Malala, Moniba, and the bus driver.
Teaching aids used :
Coursebook
Sourcebook
Blackboard
Activity
ICT ( ppt+ pictures)
https://www.canva.com/design/DAGy2vnXPII/eweOwM8OjY0-sX_Of5stJg/edit
GIF
In the afternoon, I assisted with the mid-day meal distribution.
I taught VIII C again during the fifth period, continuing with "The Day My World Changed". The portion narrated Malala’s near-fatal experience when armed men stopped her school bus. The entry activity created interest. Reading was done aloud by the teacher and students, with vocabulary enrichment focusing on words explained with ICT support. Scaffolded questions checked comprehension effectively. The discourse activity involved group work to prepare and present news headlines, which encouraged creativity and collaboration. The lesson ended with a review and an assignment to write a speech on “The Importance of Girl Education.”
Teaching aids used :
Coursebook
Sourcebook
Blackboard
Activity
ICT ( ppt+ pictures)
https://www.canva.com/design/DAGzIabd_8I/Rnn2qmyWS2NEc2EqqG9ZbQ/edit
Videos and Audio
https://www.canva.com/design/DAGzIxl4lus/5etgTzctXdBtx7oZDqqRqw/editIn the afternoon, a PTA meeting was held at 2:30 PM, and the school day ended by 4:10 PM.
🌟Reflections on the Twenty -ninth day
Today’s classes with VIII C were engaging and fruitful. The use of ICT, pictures, and activity-based learning created interest and helped students grasp vocabulary and comprehension effectively. Role-play and group activities encouraged creativity, collaboration, and confidence in expression. Both sessions achieved the planned outcomes, and students responded actively throughout. Assisting with the mid-day meal and attending the PTA meeting also added to the day’s meaningful experiences.
16th September 2025 - Tuesday
#Thirtieth Day of Teaching Practice Phase I
Today I reached the school by 9:05 am and signed the attendance register. In the afternoon, I assisted in distributing the mid-day meal distribution. During the 2nd and 3rd periods, I was engaged with conducting a pencil drawing competition as part of school level kalolsavam.
I helped in distributing mid- day meal.In the afternoon, I conducted a lesson on " Talking of Science " ( an interview with Dr. Ajith Parameswaran) for Standard VIII C during the 5th period. The aim was to help students understand the role of scientists in society and the importance of curiosity and observation.
The class began with an informal interaction and an entry activity linking Newton’s discovery to curiosity. Loud reading was done by teacher and students; hesitant learners were encouraged. Vocabulary was effectively taught using examples, pictures, and audio-visual aids.
Scaffolded reading and questioning improved comprehension, helping students see the difference between consuming and creating knowledge. Discourse construction enabled confident presentation on the features of gadgets, though some needed guidance. The follow-up writing task promoted independent thinking and creativity ( on the name of the inventor, their invention, its positive anf negative effects).
Teaching aids used :
Coursebook
Blackboard
Activity Card ( Write the features of a gadget)
ICT ( ppt+ pictures)https://www.canva.com/design/DAGy3IAPboQ/jOjkjD41GzYCy1Ll6YiOsA/edit
Consumer
Videos
https://www.canva.com/design/DAGzZKRNvlk/7vNVwPAmsFjN3mM08k1H1g/edit
The 6th and 7th periods were devoted to the watercolor painting competition (school - level ) for UP and HS students.
The day concluded at 4:30 pm when I left the school campus.
🌟Reflections on the Thirtieth day
The day was productive and engaging as I balanced both curricular and co-curricular responsibilities. Assisting in the mid-day meal distribution and organizing art competitions gave me an opportunity to actively participate in school activities beyond the classroom. My lesson with Standard VIII C was meaningful, as students showed curiosity and involvement in learning about the role of scientists, and the discourse and follow-up task encouraged creativity and critical thinking. Overall, it was a fulfilling day that combined teaching, learning, and cultural enrichment.
17th September 2025 - Wednesday
#Thirty - first Day of Teaching Practice
Phase I
I reached the school by 9:10 am and signed the attendance register. During the third period, I engaged with the VIII standard and continued the lesson “Talking of Science” from the VII standard text. The session began with an informal interaction that created a friendly atmosphere, followed by a reading activity and discussion. Learners were encouraged to think critically about natural disasters, human–animal conflicts, and environmental issues. Vocabulary enrichment and scaffolding techniques supported students in improving pronunciation and comprehension. They actively participated in discourse construction, shared their views on human- animal conflicts and environmental problems with confidence, and the assignment given was to write a short note on any of the mysteries of nature that remains unsolved.
Teaching aids used :
Coursebook
Blackboard
Activity Card
https://www.canva.com/design/DAGzKwIIhaY/cij4tzYeZs7I4m2HP8216w/edit
Videos
https://www.canva.com/design/DAGzZAzVb28/K042_YthwcgMAsJiBekGZA/edit
In the afternoon, I assisted in the mid-day meal distribution. As part of the Kalolsavam non-stage items, story writing competitions were conducted in English, Malayalam, and Hindi, for which we had specific duties.
During the fourth period, I conducted a yoga class on Bhujangasana as part of physical education.
Later, in the seventh period, I handled a substitution class for IX C and interacted with the students. Overall, it was a productive and engaging day that offered both teaching and school-level responsibilities. I left school by 4: 30 pm after signing the attendance register.
🌟 Reflections on the Thirty - first day
Today’s lesson on "Talking of Science" fostered critical thinking and active participation. Students engaged well in discussions and discourse activities. Along with teaching, I assisted in mid-day meal distribution and Kalolsavam duties, making the day productive.
18th September 2025 - Thursday
#Thirty - second Day of Teaching Practice
Phase I
I arrived at school today at 9:05 a.m. and marked my attendance in the register as usual. Essay writing competitions in English, Malayalam, and Hindi were conducted as part of the non-stage events, for which I was given duty responsibilities in the first, second and third period.

I handled the 4th period for class VIII C and taught the lesson “Talking of Science.” The session began with a few bright questions which aroused the curiosity of the learners and set the tone for the day. Loud reading, silent reading, vocabulary enrichment, and scaffolding techniques were used to support comprehension. Students actively engaged with the text, clarified meanings with examples and visuals, and participated in discussions on the importance of curiosity in a scientist’s life. A mock interview activity between students and “De-jith Parameswaran” proved highly effective in improving creativity, confidence, and communication skills. Though some learners faced issues in pronunciation, collaborative support and guided reading helped them overcome difficulties. The review and follow-up reinforced learning, encouraged exploration, and integrated ICT use. The assignment was to prepare a collage about discoveries which encouraged independent exploration.
Teaching aids used :
Coursebook
Blackboard
Activity
ICT ( ppt + pictures)
https://www.canva.com/design/DAGzzgtHFIU/nOVH39vO8bbIZ5nuHBI4iw/edit
I took part in serving food for the mid-day meal scheme.
In the fifth period, I took a class on Personal Hygiene for the VIII C students as part of health education.
Activity Card
ICT
https://www.canva.com/design/DAGuWlSaVjg/Gl_mc9dtXTJJIdlQxhY8eg/edit
During the 6th period, I continued with the chapter "Talking of Science” for VII C students. The class began with a friendly interaction where students shared their role models and dream careers, which created a comfortable atmosphere and linked their aspirations to the theme. As an entry activity, I showed pictures of famous scientists like A.P.J. Abdul Kalam and C.V. Raman, which immediately captured their attention. The session proceeded with loud, silent, and shared reading, helping students understand the text with proper pronunciation and intonation. Difficult words were identified, explained with examples, and written on the blackboard for vocabulary enrichment. For the discourse activity, students prepared a notice for a science exhibition as secretaries of the Science Club, which enhanced their creativity, writing skills, and application of learning. The review and follow-up reinforced key ideas, and an assignment to write a summary of the lesson was given.
Teaching aids used :
Coursebook
Blackboard
Activity Card
https://www.canva.com/design/DAGzz-6yCek/hzp1ZBKNgmHEuJxU6WR8lw/edit
Since the science fair was scheduled for the next day, we were assigned the task of preparing the chest numbers for the programme.
I left the school campus by 4:45 pm.
🌟 Reflections on the Thirty-second day
Today was productive and engaging. I supervised essay competitions and taught “Talking of Science” to VIII C, using reading activities, vocabulary exercises, and a mock interview to boost comprehension, creativity, and communication skills. Students prepared a science exhibition notice and a collage, which enhanced their application of learning. I also helped with the mid-day meal and prepared chest numbers for the upcoming science fair. The day strengthened both student learning and my classroom management skills.
19th September 2025 - Friday
#Thirty - third of Teaching Practice
Phase I
I reached the school by 9:40 a.m. and signed the attendance register.
Today was an auspicious day as the school celebrated the Science Fair. Students actively participated in various events such as paper craft, fabric painting, vegetable painting, agarbatti making, clay modeling, pottery painting, metal engraving, construction with waste materials, and preparation of economically nutritious food items using vegetables.
The HSS students also presented their project ideas and participated in mathematics-related programmes like geometrical chart, puzzle , game etc. These activities encouraged creativity, problem-solving skills, and scientific temper among the learners.
Distributing test numbers to the participants of the science fair and keeping track of their attendance gave us a sense of responsibility. Monitoring and guiding the students throughout the events helped us to engage more closely with them. The experience was enjoyable and also enhanced our organizational and leadership skills.
In the afternoon, we helped in the distribution of the mid-day meal. Later, we assisted in preparing chest numbers for the Kalolsavam scheduled on 22nd and 23rd September.
We left the school by 4:00 p.m. after signing the attendance register.
🌟 Reflections of the Thirty- third day
Today’s Science Fair was engaging and enjoyable. Students participated actively in creative and scientific activities, enhancing their skills and teamwork. Helping with event management, mid-day meals, and preparing chest numbers strengthened our responsibility and organizational skills.
Comments
Post a Comment