THIRD BI- WEEKLY REPORT OF TEACHING PRACTICE PHASE I

 THIRD SEMESTER THIRD BI-WEEKLY REPORT OF TEACHING PRACTICE

11th August 2025  -16th August 2025 

11th August 2025 ( Monday):

I took the second period for Class VIII C, teaching the next paragraphs of “Little Things Matter.” The lesson focused on values like responsibility, discipline, and aspiration. Students participated enthusiastically in activities like a character web. Later, I assisted with the mid-day meal and GOTEC rehearsals.

12th August 2025 (Tuesday):

I completed the final part of “Little Things Matter” with Class VIII C. The lesson emphasized vocabulary development, comprehension, and moral values. The supervising teacher appreciated my class management and questioning skills.

13th August 2025 (Wednesday ):

The day began with the GOTEC inauguration, where I helped with arrangements and documentation. Later, I conducted a grammar lesson on Modal Auxiliary Verbs using the Advance Organizer Model, ICT tools, and interactive activities like the Modal Dice Game.

14th August 2025 ( Thursday):

The day witnessed the School Parliament Election and the inauguration of the new Higher Secondary block by the Honourable Education Minister. I assisted with discipline and mid-day meal duties.

15th August 2025 (Friday-Independence Day):

The school celebrated the 79th Independence Day with flag hoisting, patriotic performances, speeches, and an SPC parade. Teachers and students took a pledge for a plastic-free campus.

16th August 2025 (Saturday ):

The final day before the Onam break included an Independence Day quiz, tree planting, and an anti-ragging slogan competition. I also conducted a diagnostic test for Class VIII C. 

Overall Reflection:

This week marked a perfect balance between academic instruction, value education, and school-level events. My lessons—especially “Little Things Matter” and “Modal Auxiliary Verbs”—strengthened students’ language proficiency and moral awareness. The use of ICT, interactive activities, and contextual examples enhanced participation and comprehension.

Involvement in major school events like the GOTEC inauguration, Parliament elections, building inauguration, and Independence Day celebration provided real-world exposure to school functioning beyond the classroom. I developed greater confidence in class handling, activity organization, and teamwork.

The week concluded with a sense of accomplishment as I completed the first phase of my teaching practice before Onam. The experiences deepened my understanding of the teacher’s multifaceted role—as educator, organizer, mentor, and participant in school life.

                           WEEKLY REPORT 6

8th September 2025 - Monday

#Twenty - fourth Day of Teaching Practice Phase I

After the Onam vacation, I resumed my duties as a teacher trainee at GVHSS Paruthipally, reaching at 9.35 am and signing the attendance register. 

In the second period, I had an engaging interaction with the students of VIII C, where I introduced the lesson “The Day My World Changed” from Malala Yousafzai’s I Am Malala with the aim of highlighting the value of education, Malala’s struggles, and her love for her homeland. The class began with an informal talk on homesickness, which connected well with Malala’s feelings. An entry activity with Malala’s picture created curiosity, and reading activities with peer sharing and vocabulary support helped students understand the text effectively.

Teaching aids used :

Coursebook

Sourcebook

Blackboard

Activity Cards ( Profile Making)

ICT ( ppt + images + video)

https://www.canva.com/design/DAGyODSYYG0/F27EFgktyJoP2_hexjr-nQ/edit

The discourse activity, Profile Making, was the most engaging as students prepared and presented Malala’s profile in groups with enthusiasm. The review session clarified doubts, and the creative assignment (word-picture-sentence) was well-received. 

In the fourth period, I distributed the first-term examination answer sheets to the students of IX C.

During the mid-day meal distribution, which gave me an opportunity to connect with them more closely.  The school day concluded at 3.55 pm, and I signed the attendance register at 4.10 pm. Reuniting with the students after the short break was truly a delightful and enriching experience.

🌟Reflections on the Twenty -fourth day

Resuming duties after the Onam vacation was refreshing and meaningful. The lesson on “The Day My World Changed” engaged students well through activities like profile making and ICT aids, which enhanced their interest and teamwork. Distributing answer sheets and helping with the mid-day meal also gave me chances to connect more closely with students. Overall, it was a delightful and enriching day.

9th September 2025 - Tuesday

    #Twenty - fifth Day of Teaching Practice Phase I

Today, I reached GVHSS Paruthippally School at 9.05 am and signed the attendance register. I was assigned a substitution in the VIII C grade and later distributed the answer sheets to the students.  

Most of the students scored well but a few failed. I appreciated those who performed well and encouraged the weaker ones to improve their studies. 

Since Teacher’s Day was being celebrated under the guidance of NSS volunteers of VHSE , students warmly greeted teachers with flowers, cards, and pens, and shared the importance of the day to the students. Their gesture was truly heartwarming and made the day special. 

Later, a gathering was arranged with the VHSE teachers,  where students expressed their respect and gratitude with gifts and speeches. It was a truly wonderful and heartwarming experience.

Today, our college Assistant Professor of Health and Physical Education, Kiran. V  came for  class observation. 

I took a session on Tadasana( Mountain Pose ). The students of VII C enjoyed both sessions, as they are always enthusiastic about health and physical education topics.

Another session on vitamin deficiency and related diseases  was taken on the same day.

Activity Cards used:

Pictures used:

https://www.canva.com/design/DAGy-UQ6W9k/ciPXdJo07hf8bQNRbof3nQ/edit

ppt

https://www.canva.com/design/DAGuYJHXRP8/z1SNdasw4c7r0m2x2JVYsw/edit

In  VIII C during the fifth period, I handled the lesson “The Day My World Changed” from I Am Malala. The objective was to help learners understand the importance of education, and Malala’s love for her homeland. The class began with an informal discussion on happy memories and missing school, followed by a picture of Swat Valley to create an emotional connection. I read the third to fifth paragraphs aloud, and students engaged in silent reading, marking difficult words  which were explained with pictures and context. Scaffolded reading and questions helped students understand the text.  For discourse construction, students completed an informal letter, read it aloud, and corrected minor mistakes. The class concluded with a review, and the assignment given was to write a short paragraph about their own school.The session was engaging and went smoothly. 

Teaching aids used :

Coursebook

Sourcebook

Blackboard

Activity Cards ( Informal letter writing)

ICT ( PPT + images)

https://www.canva.com/design/DAGyZ-tdqTA/o4Fr9dcAd_pYqX6eO40OYQ/edit

GIF

Snow - topped mountains
Transports

Videos

https://www.canva.com/design/DAGygtayItY/uOqxiGFR4U2U8aogM-nz9A/edit

On the same day, we gave an awareness on peace education to the secondary school students.

https://www.canva.com/design/DAGyrLMhZI4/CYkovFivbdFz92raOb3kmA/edit

At 3.55 pm, the bell rang, and I left the school campus at 4.10 pm after signing the attendance register. 

🌟 Reflections on the  Twenty - fifth day

Today was a fulfilling day at GVHSS Paruthippally. I handled substitution, distributed answer sheets, and encouraged students. The Teacher’s Day celebrations with students’ warm gestures made the day special. I taught Tadasana and vitamin deficiency related diseases in VIII C and an engaging lesson on "The Day My World Changed" . Overall, it was a rewarding and joyful experience.

10th September 2025 - Wednesday

    #Twenty - sixth  Day of Teaching Practice Phase I

Today, I reached the campus at 9:20 a.m. and signed the attendance register. I handled two classes for VII C students during the first and  third period, where I continued with  the chapter "The Day My World Changed " by teaching selected paragraphs. In the afternoon, I also assisted in the distribution of the mid- day meal. 

I taught the 6th, 7th and 8th paragraphs of the autobiographical piece "The Day My World Changed "by Malala Yousafzai. The entry activity with a picture of trophies successfully captured students’ attention, and vocabulary enrichment using audiovisual aids clarified meanings. Students actively participated in reading, discussion, and critical thinking.


The highlight was a discourse activity on slogan writing about the importance of peace and education, which enhanced creativity and language skills. For follow-up, students were asked to prepare posters and slogans for a campaign on “Peace and Education.”

Teaching aids used :

Sourcebook

Coursebook

Blackboard

ICT (ppt + pictures)

https://www.canva.com/design/DAGyg4J9xZQ/jXT5ObcczQ_Gt9QPrn1Cw/edit

Audio and  Videos used

https://www.canva.com/design/DAGy-OroNQE/_ynR8WqvNB5NDW2x42rcmw/edit

In the third period, I continued with the chapter  “The Day My World Changed”  which was interactive and meaningful. The entry activity with the rickshaw picture captured interest, vocabulary was effectively taught, and scaffolded questions promoted critical thinking. Students actively participated in reading and discourse writing ( To write a short dialogue between Malala and her mother about why she should be careful) though some needed support with pronunciation and intonation. The assignment was to make a short list of 5 safety rules Malala's family followed. Overall, the session achieved its outcomes, helping learners reflect on Malala’s courage, choice of peace, and safety practices.

Teaching aids used :

Sourcebook

Coursebook

Blackboard

Activity Card

ICT (ppt + pictures)

https://www.canva.com/design/DAGygy9gb04/je8yhu_6hdISa_zi1TUnOg/edit

I helped in distributing mid day meal to the students.

In the afternoon, there were no regular classes due to the PTA election. The agenda included the PTA election, PTA report reading, and other related proceedings. We remained in the school and had the opportunity to observe the entire process. We left the campus by 4:10 PM.

🌟 Reflections on the Twenty - sixth day

Today, I engaged VII C students with Malala Yousafzai’s "The Day My World Changed " through interactive activities like slogan writing and dialogue creation, which fostered creativity, critical thinking, and language skills. Entry activities with pictures and effective use of ICT made learning meaningful. Students reflected on values of peace, education, and safety, while I also contributed to school life by assisting in the mid-day meal distribution and observing the PTA election.

12th September 2025 - Friday

    #Twenty - eighth Day of Teaching Practice Phase I

I reached the school campus by 9:05 AM and signed the attendance register. Today, I taught VIII C the remaining part of The Day My World Changed " (paras 13–16) under my teacher’s ( Smt. Nithya K P, Assistant Professor of English, KUCTE Nedumangadu) observation. Entry activities with the school bus picture and dream-sharing effectively connected students with Malala’s experiences. Vocabulary was clarified using blackboard, images, and a GIF, and students actively engaged in reading and pronunciation practice. The discourse on email writing was meaningful, but due to time constraints, I had to extend the activity to the 6th period. While time management was a challenge, overall, the session was interactive, resourceful, and effective in achieving learning outcomes.

Teaching aids used :

Coursebook

Sourcebook

Blackboard

Activity Cards ( E- mail preparation)

ICT ( ppt + pictures)

https://www.canva.com/design/DAGysiXVVTI/zU9B1pfWtHK53rh5s-CJBA/edit

GIF

In the fourth period, I taught the 8C students a yoga posture " Bhujangasana " ( Cobra Pose) and its importance as part of  Physical Education .

In the afternoon, we helped in mid- day meal distribution.

After signing the attendance register, we left the school at 4:10 p.m.

🌟 Reflections on the Twenty -eighth day

Today’s class was enriching and engaging. The entry activities and ICT resources created strong learner interest, and students participated actively in reading, vocabulary, and discourse tasks. Though time management during the email writing activity was a challenge, the session overall was effective and achieved its objectives. Teaching Bhujangasana as part of   Physical Education period and assisting in the mid-day meal distribution added value to the day’s experience.










Comments

Popular Posts