FIRST BI- WEEKLY REPORT OF TEACHING PRACTICE PHASE II
FOURTH SEMESTER FIRST BI -WEEKLY REPORT OF TEACHING PRACTICE
18th November 2025 – 21st November 2025
18th November 2025 (Tuesday):
The first day of Phase II began with completing formalities and arranging our allotted room. I happily reunited with VIII C and started teaching “Thank You, Ma’am.” Students actively participated in role-play, reading, vocabulary work, and a character sketch activity. ICT tools and activity cards supported learning. The day ended with satisfaction and renewed confidence.
19th November 2025 ( Wednesday):
I taught VIII C the next part of “Thank You, Ma’am,” focusing on empathy and responsible behaviour. Students engaged well in reading, vocabulary explanation, and a thought-bubble discourse activity. I assisted with mid-day meal distribution and observed students arranging new gym equipment and practicing for kalolsavam. The day was productive and enriching.
20th November 2025 ( Thursday):
I handled two periods for VIII C, continuing “Thank You, Ma’am.” Students participated actively in discussions, reading, vocabulary tasks, and speech preparation. ICT aids enhanced the sessions. I also helped with the mid-day meal and observed GOTEC and Kalari classes. The day strengthened my teaching confidence.
21st November 2025 ( Friday):
I taught another portion of “Thank You, Ma’am,” focusing on values like kindness and empathy. Students were enthusiastic during reading, vocabulary activities, and a fun jumbled-letters task. I helped with the mid-day meal and assisted in the Little Kites session. The day was smooth, meaningful, and confidence-building.
Overall Reflection
This week of teaching practice was truly enriching and confidence-building. Reuniting with Class VIII C and teaching “Thank You, Ma’am” helped me strengthen my instructional skills, classroom management, and use of varied teaching aids. The students’ active participation, along with my involvement in school duties like mid-day meal distribution and observing special sessions, made the experience meaningful. Overall, the week boosted my confidence, enhanced my teaching abilities, and motivated me for the days ahead.
WEEKLY REPORT 2
24th November 2025 - Monday
#Fifth Day of Teaching Practice Phase II
On the fifth day of my Teaching Practice Phase II, I reached the school by 9:40 a.m., signed the attendance register, and moved to the trainees’ room. In the second period, I handled Class VIII C and taught the lesson “Thank You, Ma’am” by Langston Hughes. They were able to clearly understand the values of kindness, empathy, trust, and second chances through the interaction between Mrs. Jones and Roger.
I began the lesson with an informal interaction to create a relaxed atmosphere. Students shared their thoughts openly, and the brainstorming session on past mistakes and forgiveness helped them connect personally with the theme. During loud and silent reading, they showed interest and identified difficult words confidently. The teaching aids supported better comprehension, and scaffolded reading strengthened their understanding. The discourse construction activity was lively, and students creatively rewrote scenes in pairs, displaying improvement in speaking and writing skills. Their responses during the review session were active and meaningful. For the assignment, they wrote a short poem expressing Roger’s feelings after leaving Mrs. Jones’s home.
Teaching aids used in the classroom:
Sourcebook
Blackboard
Coursebook
ICT
https://youtu.be/rkkUzB2penI?si=d1fyhrcr3JOMcX_f
Activity Cards
Teaching aids used in the classroom
Sourcebook
Blackboard
Coursebook
ICT
https://youtu.be/V1DF628oxao?si=SV091f4_nfM4971C
Activity Cards
In the sixth period, I handled a substitution class for the VIII B students. I engaged them with simple fun activities and games to maintain interest and participation. The school dispersed at 3:55 p.m., and I left the campus at 4:50 p.m.
🌟Reflections on the fifth Day
I effectively handled lessons in Classes VIII C where students actively participated and understood the themes of kindness, empathy, and second chances in “Thank You, Ma’am.” The use of ICT, visual aids, and discourse activities strengthened their reading, writing, and speaking skills. I also assisted with the mid-day meal and managed a substitution class for VIII B through interactive activities. Overall, the day helped me gain confidence, improve classroom management, and refine my teaching strategies.
25th November 2025 - Tuesday
#Sixth Day of Teaching Practice Phase II
On the sixth day of my Teaching Practice Phase II, I handled the concluding part of the story “Thank You, Ma’am” for VIII C, focusing on the values of kindness, compassion, trust, and personal change. The entry activity and reflective questions helped students connect with the characters, and they participated actively in model and loud reading. Vocabulary was taught contextually, and scaffolded questions supported their understanding. Students completed a discourse task by writing a gratitude letter from Roger to Mrs. Jones, and their responses showed good comprehension, though a few needed extra support with pronunciation and spelling.The students were assigned writing an email where Mrs. Jones narrates the incident to a friend.
Teaching aids used in the classroom
Sourcebook
Blackboard
Coursebook
ICT
https://youtu.be/qQBpse_aCeM?si=03FLGaqEKuds3IpE
Activity Cards
In the afternoon, we helped prepare and serve the mid-day meal, which included tapioca, tapioca pickle, rice, and chicken curry.
https://youtube.com/shorts/3tUbHPhw9CE?si=Wb6RbkpdkPMRShn_
After finishing all duties, we signed the attendance register and I left the campus by 4:50 p.m.
🌟Reflections on the sixth Day
The sixth day was productive, as students actively engaged with the concluding part of “Thank You, Ma’am” and completed the discourse tasks well. ICT and activity cards enriched the lesson. Helping with the mid-day meal strengthened teamwork. I ended the day feeling satisfied with both teaching and school duties.
26th November 2025 - Wednesday
#Seventh Day of Teaching Practice Phase II
On the seventh day of my teaching practice, I reached the school at 9:45 a.m. and signed the attendance register. I handled two classes for VIII C, focusing on O. Henry’s story “A Tale of Two Gifts.”
During the first session, I aimed to help students understand the values of patience, saving, and love as expressed in the story. I began with an informal interaction, where students shared their own experiences of saving money in piggy banks and buying small gifts. This created a positive learning atmosphere.
Through the Rs. 1 coin activity, students understood how saving “little by little” helps accumulate money over time. They easily connected this idea to Della’s careful savings in the story.
Loud reading helped students feel Della’s disappointment and emotions, while silent reading helped them identify difficult words. Vocabulary was taught effectively using pictures, which helped them grasp meanings clearly. Students also participated confidently in pronunciation and comprehension discussions. A short reflective writing task—Della’s diary entry—was given as homework.
Teaching aids used in the classroom
Sourcebook
Blackboard
Coursebook
ICT
https://www.canva.com/design/DAG5uefyjMc/i7ONGFu0fpJJWlq3fQgfYw/edit
Activity Cards
Afternoon, I helped in distributing mid- day meal consisting of rice, pickle, beetroot thoran and egg curry.
In the fifth period, I focused on the emotional value of personal possessions. The class began with a discussion about cherished objects, which helped introduce Jim’s watch and Della’s hair as meaningful possessions. Using a simple teaching aid (a watch picture), I smoothly connected the theme to the story.
Students actively participated in loud and silent reading, understood Della’s emotions, and identified new vocabulary. Scaffolded questions helped them reason out why Della’s savings were not enough, why she valued her hair, and why Jim treasured his watch.
In the discourse activity, students wrote short paragraphs about objects they cherish and shared personal memories. Their presentations were confident and engaging. An assignment to describe an object at home that is valuable to your family (like an heirloom).
Teaching aids used in the classroom
Sourcebook
Blackboard
Coursebook
ICT
https://www.canva.com/design/DAG5uh9QrC4/LWtSWcbSQmC1mOBJht4p6w/edit
Activity
🌟Reflections on the seventh Day
Today’s ICT session went smoothly, and the students engaged well with the activities. After the final bell, the class ended on a positive note, and routine procedures like signing the attendance were completed efficiently. Leaving the campus, I felt satisfied with the day’s teaching and the students’ participation.
27th November 2025 - Thursday
#Eighth Day of Teaching Practice Phase II
Today, I reached the school by 9:40 a.m. in the morning. I handled the lesson “A Tae of Two Gifts” by O. Henry for Class VIII C. My primary objective was to help students understand the emotional value of sacrifice through Della’s character, and to appreciate the significance of meaningful gifts.
The class began with an informal interaction, during which the students actively shared their personal experiences of giving and receiving gifts. This warm interaction helped create a positive and supportive classroom atmosphere.
During the link activity, students confidently recalled the previous day's passage and were eager to know why Della was about to make an important decision despite having such beautiful hair. This provided a meaningful context for introducing the new passage.
The loud reading by the teacher and silent reading by the students went smoothly. The students followed the text closely, and I clarified difficult words whenever required. Peer sharing further strengthened their understanding. Using suitable visual aids and vocabulary explanations, I ensured that students could connect the ideas with clarity.
The students’ loud reading was effective, and the scaffolded questions helped assess comprehension. They responded especially well to questions.
In the discourse construction stage, students suggested descriptive words for preparing the character map of Della. Their presentations were clear and confident. I finalized their responses after refining them.
During the review, students answered the questions correctly, showing that the learning objectives were achieved. They were insisted to complete —the dialogue between Della and Madame Sofronie.
Teaching aids used in the classroom
Sourcebook
Blackboard
Coursebook
ICT
https://www.canva.com/design/DAG50RZiliM/oizp-sNj_45IEEr_sX8W7A/edit
Activity Card
🌟Reflections on the eighth Day
Students engaged actively with the story “A Tale of Two Gifts” and showed good understanding through discussions and activities. The teaching aids supported learning well, and the review responses were accurate. The day helped strengthen my confidence and rapport with the class.
28th November 2025 - Friday
#Ninth Day of Teaching Practice Phase II
Today, I reached the school by 9:10 a.m. Since it was Friday, the school schedule began at 9:30 a.m. After signing the attendance register, I went to the trainee seating room. I received substitution periods in the second, fourth, and seventh periods for Class 8 B. The interaction with the students was smooth, and they participated well.
During the afternoon interval, I helped in distributing the mid-day meal. The menu for the day included rice, gram curry, moru (curd), and pickle. Some students attended their NMMS coaching class in the afternoon as well.
In the sixth period, I handled a class for VIII C. I taught an extract from O. Henry’s “A Tale of Two Gifts,” focusing on Della’s preparation for Jim’s arrival. The objective of the lesson was to help students understand themes of love, sacrifice, fear, and emotional expression. I began with informal interaction to build rapport, and the students engaged actively by sharing personal experiences related to gifting and sudden changes in appearance.
The link talk helped them empathise with Della’s nervousness, and they predicted Jim’s reaction thoughtfully. I read the passage aloud with proper expression to model effective reading. Through silent reading, students identified difficult words such as hurried, reasonably, sad marks, and fellow, using contextual clues to derive meaning. Vocabulary was reinforced using pictures, examples, and short video support. Scaffolded reading further improved their fluency and comprehension.
Students answered comprehension questions that guided them to explore Della’s emotions and Jim’s appearance, connecting it to the family’s financial difficulties. In the discourse construction activity, they wrote Della’s inner thoughts as Jim walked in. Their presentations displayed creativity, empathy, and confidence. Peer feedback helped refine their responses. During review, students clarified doubts and reflected on gift-giving and emotional expression, showing deeper understanding of the characters.
Smt. Nithya K. P., Assistant Professor of English at KUCTE Nedumangad, observed my class today. She appreciated the planning, vocabulary teaching, explanation, and reading support provided. She also suggested improvement in the use of refreshers but appreciated class management, and blackboard usage.
Teaching aids used in the classroom
Sourcebook
Blackboard
Coursebook
ICT
https://www.canva.com/design/DAG589h-jR0/YQO2wG_wr8b_dWMEGAEZSQ/edit
Activity Card
As the school day ended at 3:55 p.m., I signed the attendance register and left the campus by 4:40 p.m.
🌟Reflections on the ninth Day
The lesson was engaging, and students responded well to the activities and discourse writing. The observer appreciated my planning and teaching strategies, offering useful suggestions for improvement. Overall, it was a productive day with positive classroom interactions and responsibilities.












Comments
Post a Comment