FIRST WEEKLY REPORT OF TEACHING PRACTICE PHASE II
FOURTH SEMESTER FIRST WEEKLY REPORT OF TEACHING PRACTICE
18th November 2025 - Tuesday
#First Day of Teaching Practice Phase II
On the first day of my teaching practice as an English trainee, I, Sandra I Sam, along with five other trainees from KUCTE Nedumangadu—Nikhila S U, Arunima B S (Social Science), Jinsa L, Aadithya H R (Hindi), and Anupama S (Natural Science)—reached Paruthipally School with a blend of excitement and nervous anticipation. We arrived by 9:30 AM and completed the initial formalities by signing the attendance register.
Since this was the second phase of our teaching practice in the same school, we felt truly delighted to return and meet our students, teachers, and the familiar school environment once again.
Soon after reaching the campus, we arranged our allotted room and organised the necessary teaching materials for our subjects.
In the afternoon, we engaged in mid-day meal programme.
Later, I met my VIII C students for the first time in this phase. It was a joyful experience to reconnect with them, and their warm response made me feel appreciated and motivated. We interacted briefly before beginning the lesson.
On the same day, I started teaching the chapter “Thank You, Ma’am.”
The lesson focused on themes of compassion, empathy, and moral reasoning. It began with an entry activity where students enacted a purse-snatching scene, helping them connect with the text’s opening incident.
Various teaching-learning aids—including blackboard work, ICT visuals, audio clips, pictures, and role-play—were used to support different learning styles. Students actively participated in loud and silent reading, identified difficult words, and understood meanings with the help of contextual clues and visuals. They responded well to scaffolded questions and showed a clear understanding of the passage.
A discourse construction activity on the character sketch of Mrs. Jones was conducted, during which students confidently presented their work using an outline. The class concluded with a summary of the day’s lesson and a creative assignment to draw a scene and write a sentence describing it. Overall, the session remained interactive, engaging, and value-oriented throughout.
Teaching aids used in the classroom:
Sourcebook
Blackboard
Couesebook
ICT
Videos-
https://youtu.be/BOW7Glt_QOU?si=n_L4IiGdjtNSp2ss
https://youtu.be/hcs4j0d4F1o?si=NFfX7kj9Cyw8vAMy
https://youtu.be/f-TVyY1jZ-k?si=jJXx9e0wiTxk_Kl7
Ppt -
https://www.canva.com/design/DAG49lU6FBI/_C7GqiFq5u8okNmNotrfbw/edit
Activity Cards -
The session went well, and by 3:55 p.m., the final bell signalled the end of the day. I left the campus by 4:30 PM, feeling satisfied, encouraged, and enthusiastic about the days ahead.
🌟Reflections on the First Day
The first day of my second-phase teaching practice was refreshing and filled with renewed confidence.Meeting VIII C again and teaching “Thank You, Ma’am” made the session lively and engaging.The students’ active participation and positive response made the day truly satisfying and motivating.
19th November 2025 - Wednesday
#Second Day of Teaching Practice Phase II
I reached the school at 9:40 AM and signed the attendance register. During the third period, I taught Class VIII C the chapter “Thank You, Ma’am” with the aim of helping learners understand kindness, empathy, and responsible behaviour. The class began with an informal interaction that created a positive atmosphere, followed by a discussion that helped students emotionally relate to the characters. Loud and track reading sessions were carried out with proper pronunciation and voice modulation, allowing learners to underline and understand difficult vocabulary. Meanings of words were explained using pictures, demonstrations, and contextual clues, which made the vocabulary phase highly effective.
Students actively participated in the discourse construction activity, where they imagined scenes from the lesson and wrote thought bubbles for the characters. Their responses showed thoughtful understanding and engagement. The class ended with a recap of key points and a creative assignment on character feelings. A small challenge observed was pronunciation difficulty among a few learners, which I plan to address through practice drills in future classes. Overall, the session was interactive, value-based, and learner-centred.
Teaching aids used in the classroom:
Sourcebook
Blackboard
Coursebook
ICT
Audio-
https://youtube.com/shorts/R2_TK8GJwHY?si=RhCgWcZnRXYMVh_A
Ppt -
https://www.canva.com/design/DAG497aWa7k/tmI6mjRqAS-M746efKLDoQ/edit?utm_content=DAG497aWa7k&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link2&utm_source=sharebutton
Activity Cards -
In the afternoon, I helped distribute mid-day meals to the students.
https://youtube.com/shorts/0HqvQavI3m8?si=Hg0nvw17j1erAdO5
On the same day, new gym equipment arrived, and the students enthusiastically arranged and assembled the items in the designated room. Later, we watched students practicing for the upcoming district-level kalolsavam. A special class was also conducted for the GO - TECH students. The school closed at 3:55 PM, and I left the campus around 4:30–4:35 PM.
🌟Reflections on the Second Day
The lesson on “Thank You, Ma’am” with VIII C went smoothly, with active student participation and effective use of teaching aids. A minor challenge was students’ pronunciation, which I plan to improve in future classes. In the afternoon, I helped with mid-day meal distribution, watched students arrange new gym equipment, and observed kalolsavam practice. Overall, it was a meaningful and enriching school day.
20th November 2025 - Thursday
#Third Day of Teaching Practice Phase II
Today, I reached the school at 9:40 a.m. and completed the attendance procedures. I taught Class VIII C during the fourth and seventh periods, ensuring active participation and smooth classroom management. In the afternoon, I joined the team in distributing food as part of the mid-day meal programme.
I handled a class for VIII C during the fourth period, focusing on a passage from the chapter "Thank You, Ma’am". The class proceeded smoothly, and the planned learning outcomes were achieved. The informal interaction at the beginning helped build rapport as students shared experiences related to being corrected by adults, which enabled them to emotionally relate to Roger. The entry activity created continuity with the previous lesson, and the reading sessions—both loud and track reading—supported correct pronunciation and fluency. Vocabulary was explained using simple examples and audiovisual aids, ensuring clarity. Scaffolded reading helped students grasp the sequence of events, and group activity enabled them to prepare and present short character sketches of Roger, which were later consolidated by the teacher. The class concluded with a brief review and clarification of doubts, followed by a clearly explained assignment. Overall, the session was well-organized, interactive, and productive, with active student participation throughout.
Teaching aids used in the classroom:
Sourcebook
Blackboard
Coursebook
ICT
Videos-
https://www.canva.com/design/DAG5OpzgUeE/hidCQKb5qTV0hkCRGtlmPQ/edit?utm_content=DAG5OpzgUeE&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link2&utm_source=sharebutton
Ppt -
https://www.canva.com/design/DAG5Lfpdk3w/Jg9c_P2bFnJ5Yb5CEhqrfg/view?utm_content=DAG5Lfpdk3w&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link2&utm_source=uniquelinks&utlId=hd038965382
Activity Cards -
Teaching aids used in the classroom:
Sourcebook
Blackboard
Couesebook
ICT
Audio-
https://www.canva.com/design/DAG5O8lje4s/jd9XoW5aYHXYR_Lpl3AyHw/edit?utm_content=DAG5O8lje4s&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link2&utm_source=sharebutton
Ppt -
https://www.canva.com/design/DAG497aWa7k/3XILcflNoP_1wBCjvZYUZA/view?utm_content=DAG497aWa7k&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link2&utm_source=uniquelinks&utlId=h37348e4a55
Activity
Later, I observed my mentor teacher conducting the GOTEC class , along with a special Kalari session arranged for UP students by Vincent sir.
https://youtube.com/shorts/t6Pif48cIss?si=k1nbOIgcob3bpmA_
The day’s activities concluded by 3:55 p.m., and I left the campus at 4:45 p.m., feeling satisfied with the meaningful experiences gained.
🌟Reflections on the Third Day
Today’s teaching practice was productive and fulfilling. Both sessions with Class VIII C were engaging, with students actively participating in discussions, reading, vocabulary tasks, and discourse construction activities related to "Thank You, Ma’am". The use of ICT resources, activity cards, audio, and PPTs enhanced comprehension and interest. Observing Prameela teacher’s GOTEC class and the Kalari session added valuable insights into diverse teaching approaches. The day concluded with a sense of satisfaction, as I gained meaningful classroom experiences and strengthened my confidence as a teacher.
21st November 2025 - Friday
#Fourth Day of Teaching Practice Phase II
Today, I reached the school at 9:10 a.m. and signed the attendance register. In the afternoon session, I assisted in distributing food to the students, and at 1:00 p.m., a special class for the Little Kites students was arranged, where I helped in managing the session. Students also continued their practice for the upcoming District Level Kalolsavam competition, showing great enthusiasm and involvement.
During the 6th period, I handled Class VIII C, teaching a passage from the short story “Thank You Ma’am” by Langston Hughes from the unit Fabric of Togetherness. The lesson focused on values such as kindness, trust, empathy, and second chances. I began the session with an informal interaction, followed by a quick recap of the previous day's portion. Students were actively engaged during the reading, vocabulary explanation, and comprehension activities. Vocabulary items like dripping, dash, and frowned were taught using visual aids, and learners participated enthusiastically.
Through scaffolded questioning, students demonstrated their ability to infer emotions and motivations, especially regarding Roger’s dilemma in the story. A brief discourse activity involving jumbled letters helped reinforce emotion-related vocabulary in a fun manner. Overall, the class was interactive and meaningful, with students responding thoughtfully to the themes of compassion and trust. Before winding up, I assigned them a diary-entry task from Roger’s perspective to deepen their understanding.
Teaching aids used in the classroom:
Sourcebook
Blackboard
Coursebook
ICT
Videos -
https://youtu.be/a8ApDIdHg8M?si=yR0wh_9eK52MEVC7
https://youtu.be/37dBCbd7WkU?si=F2kAC0H9K00VZgSI
Ppt -
https://www.canva.com/design/DAG5Q_mrP1w/UmKV_kp0slPoUw4z-cAz3A/edit?utm_content=DAG5Q_mrP1w&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link2&utm_source=sharebutton
Activity Card
As usual, the final bell rang at 3:55 p.m., and after completing remaining duties, I left the campus at 4:45 p.m. The day was productive and enriched my teaching experience.
🌟Reflections on the Fourth Day
Today was productive and fulfilling. I successfully handled the lesson on “Thank You Ma’am,” and the students showed good engagement, especially during the vocabulary and comprehension activities. The day enhanced my confidence in classroom management and strengthened my teaching skills.









Comments
Post a Comment