THIRD WEEKLY REPORT OF TEACHING PRACTICE PHASE II

 FOURTH SEMESTER THIRD WEEKLY REPORT OF TEACHING PRACTICE 

1st December 2025 - Monday  

#Tenth Day of Teaching Practice Phase II

I reached the school at 9:10 a.m. and signed the attendance register at 9:35 a.m. I handled the second period for Class VIII C, teaching the lesson “A Tale of Two Gifts” by O. Henry. The lesson focused on the emotional moment when Jim sees Della’s short hair.

I began with an informal interaction on fear and sacrifice, followed by an entry activity using emoji cards, which helped students predict Jim’s reaction. The link talk led smoothly into loud reading. During track reading, students identified unfamiliar words, and vocabulary was clarified using pictures and audio-visual aids.

Scaffolded reading improved comprehension and pronunciation. Students answered questions thoughtfully and worked in pairs to create dialogues between Jim and Della, which they presented well. The review reinforced key ideas, and an assignment on object clue writing was given.

Teaching aids used in the classroom

Sourcebook 

Blackboard 

Coursebook

ICT

https://www.canva.com/design/DAG6MYafTHA/tJt8Pn16i8H_hLxJLKCFjg/edit

Video -

https://youtu.be/lv7h40-sVG0?si=9Eg-7bpaSG91SDoN

Activity Cards 





Awareness class 




In the afternoon, I helped distribute the noon meal (rice, beetroot thoran, sambar). Students practiced for the District Kalolsavam (Dec 1–5). As part of World AIDS Day, an awareness session was conducted.


The school dispersed at 4:00 p.m., and I left after signing out at 4:45 p.m.

🌟Reflections on the Tenth Day

Today was productive and engaging. The lesson with VIII C went smoothly, with students actively participating and connecting well to the emotional themes. The activities and visual aids supported their understanding. I also assisted with noon meal distribution, observed Kalolsavam practice, and helped with the World AIDS Day awareness session. 

2nd December 2025 - Tuesday  

#Eleventh Day of Teaching Practice Phase II

Today, I reached the school at 9:15 a.m. and signed the attendance register at 9:36 a.m. In the second period, I received a substitution for Class VIII B, and I used the time to engage the learners meaningfully. In the afternoon, I helped in distributing the mid-day meal, where the menu was rice, soyabean and Long bean and coconut saute.  

Today’s main class at fifth period for VIII C students focused on enhancing the learners’ comprehension, vocabulary, and emotional understanding of the selected passage from " A Tale of Two Gifts". I followed a structured sequence of classroom interaction procedures, which helped the students participate actively throughout the lesson.

The session began with informal interaction, where students shared experiences of receiving gifts that made them feel both happy and sad.  The entry activity, which included recalling the previous class and watching a short video of a surprise gift, helped students identify emotions such as joy, gratitude, and surprise.

During loud reading, I used appropriate stress, intonation, and expression, and the students listened attentively. In track reading, they identified difficult words and helped one another through peer discussion. The vocabulary section was effective, as students understood meanings through demonstrations, pictures, and examples.

Scaffolded reading and questioning allowed students to think deeply about Della’s emotions, Jim’s reaction, and the significance of the watch chain. Their answers reflected a good understanding of the central themes of love and sacrifice.

The discourse construction activity—a role play of Jim and Della—was engaging and creative. Though some students were initially hesitant, they prepared dialogues well and performed confidently. The class responded enthusiastically.

During the review session, students recapped key points and clarified remaining doubts. An assignment -to write a short poem on love and sacrifice, was given as homework.

Teaching aids used in the classroom

Sourcebook 

Blackboard 

Coursebook

ICT

https://www.canva.com/design/DAG6VRcSa8s/QqtGvf3PXXirTuONpc3JLQ/edit

Activity 

In the afternoon, the final practice for the Oppana performance (HS) took place, as the competition was scheduled for the next day at the Attingal district level. Several participants approached us for our prayers and good wishes to perform well.

The campus closed at 3:35 p.m., and after signing the register, I left the school at 4:45 p.m.

🌟Reflections on the Eleventh Day

Overall, it was a productive and meaningful day, marked by active student participation, emotional engagement with the lesson, and enthusiastic involvement in school cultural activities.

3rd December 2025 - Wednesday  

#Twelfth day of Teaching Practice Phase II

Today I reached the  GVHSS Paruthipally at 9:10 am and signed the attendance register. I engaged with nearly VIII C students during the first and third periods, which strengthened my confidence in handling large groups.

In one session, I handled the concluding part of A Tale of Two Gifts, where students connected well with the themes of love, sacrifice, and wisdom. They participated actively in reading, vocabulary tasks, questioning, and the hot-seat activity, showing strong comprehension and emotional engagement.

Teaching aids used in the classroom

Sourcebook 

Blackboard 

Coursebook

ICT

https://www.canva.com/design/DAG6bRumGHk/gPeVYPkWewh7lRAWQN9Y2w/edit

Videos used

https://www.canva.com/design/DAG6fLpRIr8/CpWQiBlMirw6yTyl3_TRcw/edit

In the afternoon, I assisted with distributing the midday meal of rice, curd, and curry. 

Later, I taught Reported Speech using the Direct Instruction Model. The structured phases—presentation, guided practice, and independent tasks—helped students understand the rules clearly. Interactive tools like PPT, videos, and online games made the lesson lively. Most learners performed well, though a few need extra support with WH-questions.

Teaching aids used in the classroom

Sourcebook 

Blackboard 

Coursebook

ICT

https://www.canva.com/design/DAG6fKCyEEU/wxJjgI-NSoA8DAQR7HUoCg/edit

Activity Card

Videos

https://youtu.be/EHzsmf2vgws?si=L1aBlGAypn-z27LF

Online games

Source: Wordwall https://share.google/jaUXymR5n697krJOO

I also taught NMMS scholarship students in the last period and distributed questionnaires for my project during the fifth and sixth period, collecting useful data.

I signed the attendance for the evening programme before leaving the campus at 4: 50 p.m.

🌟Reflections on the Twelfth Day

Overall, the day was productive, interactive, and encouraging. The students’ enthusiasm reaffirmed my belief in the importance of meaningful activities, ICT integration, and thoughtful questioning in the classroom. Each session added to my confidence as a teacher trainee.

4th December 2025 - Thursday  

#Thirteenth day of Teaching Practice Phase II

Today, I reached GVHSS Paruthipalli School at 9.10 a.m. and signed the attendance register by 9.30 a.m. After settling into the school environment, I conducted a diagnostic test for the VIII C students. This helped me understand their learning levels and identify the areas where they require remedial support.

On the same day, I also distributed a rating scale questionnaire to the secondary students. They responded actively, and I collected the data for further analysis. 

During the afternoon, I assisted in distributing the midday meal. The small interactions I had with the students during this time were truly pleasant and memorable. It helped me bond with them beyond the regular academic setting.

As the day progressed, the martial arts practice for the UP section was conducted, as it usually is on every Thursday. 

In the last period, I taught the NMMS students, which was a meaningful experience. Taking that class gave me more confidence and a sense of fulfillment.

The school day officially came to an end by 3.55 p.m., after which we signed the attendance register.

🌟Reflections on the  Thirteenth Day

Overall, it was a genuinely good and productive day. I left the school campus by 4.50 p.m., feeling satisfied with the work I had  accomplished.

5th December 2025 - Friday  

#Fourteenth day of Teaching Practice Phase II

Today I reached the school at 9.30 a.m. and signed the attendance register. The day began with academic responsibilities, as I distributed the corrected diagnostic test papers to the students. After going through their responses, I conducted remedial teaching to address the areas where students had made mistakes. This helped me understand their learning gaps more clearly and provide targeted support.

Later, I also administered the rating scale questionnaire to the secondary school students, which was part of the data collection initiated the previous day. The students cooperated well, and I was able to gather all the required information.

During the afternoon session, I helped in distributing the midday meal and assisted the staff in ensuring that the process went smoothly.

I showed my students an animated video of the chapter " A Tale of Two Gifts".

A pleasant highlight of the day was hearing the results of the district-level Kalolsavam competitions. The Higher Secondary students achieved 1st place in Kolkali, the High School students secured 2nd place, and the Opana team won 3rd place. Among the single items, Adish (Plus One) won 1st place in Musical Instrument, and Sudeena secured notable positions including 1st and 2nd in Pasta Making. Hearing about their achievements truly made me happy, and I personally congratulated some of the winners. 

The school dispersed at 3.55 p.m. I signed the attendance register again at 4.13 p.m. and left the campus by 4.50 p.m. 

🌟Reflections on the Fourteenth Day

Overall, the day was productive and fulfilling as I supported students through remedial teaching and engaged in meaningful school activities. Hearing about the students’ achievements in district competitions added joy and motivation to my teaching experience.




Comments

Popular Posts