FOURTH BI- WEEKLY REPORT OF TEACHING PRACTICE PHASE II
FOURTH SEMESTER FOURTH BI -WEEKLY REPORT OF TEACHING PRACTICE
12th January 2026– 16th January 2026
12th January 2026 ( Monday):
The day involved both academic and co-curricular responsibilities. I assisted in conducting the JRC examinations and supported the midday meal programme, contributing to student welfare. In the classroom, the lesson “Village of the Watermills” was taught using interactive strategies such as discussions, reading activities, visuals, and a debate on rural versus urban life.
13th January 2026 ( Tuesday):
I handled two English classes focusing on “Village of the Watermills.” The lessons emphasized screenplay techniques, fuel usage, and environmental awareness. Interactive discussions, reading activities, group work, and vocabulary tasks enhanced comprehension and critical thinking. Creative homework assignments encouraged responsible attitudes towards nature.
14th January 2026 (Wednesday)
The lesson highlighted dialogue, film techniques, and moral values such as kindness and care. Learner-centred activities, group reading, and discussions created an engaging classroom atmosphere. ICT tools supported effective learning. Feedback from the observing teacher acknowledged good organization and interaction while suggesting improvement in voice modulation, reinforcement, and classroom movement. Substitution classes and role-play practice further enriched the day.
16th January 2026 ( Friday):
The lessons focused on deeper themes of life, death, ageing, and emotional resilience in “Village of the Watermills.” Thought-provoking visuals, reading strategies, and scaffolded questioning encouraged empathy and reflection. Discourse construction activities such as writing a death column and describing characters helped develop creativity and sensitivity. The day concluded with substitution duties and midday meal assistance, making it both academically and socially fulfilling.
Overall Reflection
The week was enriching and meaningful, as I actively engaged in teaching, assessment duties, and student welfare activities. Interactive strategies, ICT integration, and discourse-based tasks enhanced student participation, comprehension, and critical thinking. The experiences strengthened my confidence, reflective practice, and understanding of effective classroom management and learner-centred teaching.
WEEKLY REPORT 8
19th January 2026 - Monday
#Twenty Sixth Day of Teaching Practice Phase II
I reached the school at 9:20 a.m. and signed the attendance register in the morning. I handled two classes during the day, one in the second period and another in the seventh period.
The lesson on Village of the Watermills (Scene 3) was meaningful and engaging. It aimed to help learners understand cultural attitudes towards life and death while developing language skills through a dramatic scene, and the objectives were largely achieved.
Informal interaction and the entry activity created a positive learning atmosphere and helped students recall previous scenes. The link talk effectively connected earlier events with the funeral procession, arousing curiosity. Loud reading by the teacher supported understanding of mood, rhythm, and tone.
Track reading, peer sharing, and vocabulary support encouraged active participation and collaborative learning. Scaffolded reading and questions helped students understand the peaceful nature of the funeral procession and the roles of different characters.
The route map activity successfully integrated language and life skills, though some students needed guidance. Overall, the lesson enhanced cultural awareness, vocabulary, comprehension, and interpretative skills, with scope for improvement in time management.
Teaching aids used in teaching- learning:
Coursebook
Blackboard
ICT
https://www.canva.com/design/DAG-7nFtiaA/06sgjxy_jCivj4kx43ox4Q/edit
Audio
https://youtu.be/lxrLPNBy9QA?si=s08Ycb4UEtb-vrcH
Activity
In the afternoon, I assisted in distributing the midday meal to the students.
Today, I taught another lesson for class VIII students on Prefixes and Suffixes using the Concept Attainment Model. The lesson was interactive and engaging, and students actively participated by comparing examples and identifying patterns. They were able to frame hypotheses and understand the concepts of prefix and suffix clearly. Activities such as word formation and sentence practice helped reinforce learning. Overall, the lesson enhanced students’ vocabulary, grammatical understanding, and critical thinking, making it a productive and satisfying teaching experience.
Teaching aids used in teaching- learning:
Coursebook
Blackboard
ICT (ppt)
https://www.canva.com/design/DAG9j1wNlOc/Qi_MRs8j3nKDab9QAJsiTQ/edit
Online game
https://wordwall.net/resource/84448074
Activities
On the same day, the results of the school arts festival were announced. The students achieved excellent results: the music instrumental category secured an A grade, and both the high school and higher secondary vocal teams as well as the open art team received A grades in oppana and kolkali respectively. This achievement brought great joy and pride to everyone.
The school ended at 3:55 p.m., and I went home by 4:45 p.m.
πReflections on the Twenty Sixth Day
The day was academically enriching and professionally satisfying, as both lessons were effectively delivered with active student participation and the use of appropriate teaching aids. The positive learning atmosphere, along with students’ engagement in language and concept-based activities, strengthened their comprehension, vocabulary, and critical thinking skills. The excellent results in the school arts festival added joy and pride to the day, making it a memorable and rewarding teaching experience.
20th January 2026 - Tuesday
#Twenty Seventh Day of Teaching Practice Phase II
On the 27th day of my teaching practice, I reached the school at 9:40 a.m. and signed the attendance register. During the third period, I took a class for eighth standard students to help them complete the chapter that had recently been introduced.
Today’s lesson on the concluding scene of Village of the Watermills was calm, reflective, and meaningful. The class atmosphere was thoughtfully created through informal interaction and a silent entry activity, which helped students emotionally connect with the scene. Loud reading, peer sharing, and vocabulary support enabled learners to understand the mood, symbolism, and emotional changes in the characters. The character sketch activity helped students express their understanding clearly and showed good interpretative and writing skills. Overall, the lesson enhanced emotional awareness and comprehension, making it a satisfying teaching experience.
Teaching aids used in teaching- learning:
Coursebook
Blackboard
ICT ( ppt)
https://www.canva.com/design/DAG-7d0Hfn0/OoE_AEs9h73rF1TnKGj8iw/edit
Activity
The day was academically and emotionally fulfilling, as the lesson fostered deep comprehension, empathy, and reflective thinking among the students. Active classroom engagement along with supportive school responsibilities made the teaching practice experience meaningful and rewarding.
21st January 2026 - Wednesday
#Twenty Eighth Day of Teaching Practice Phase II
Today, I reached the school by 9:40 a.m. and signed the attendance register. During the third period, I introduced my innovative teaching aid, a Digital Comic Book, to the eighth-standard students. The students showed interest and curiosity. As some students had gone for the NMMS examination, the class strength was low, which allowed better individual interaction. I conducted a few textual activities, and the session was productive.
In the fifth period, I continued with additional textual activities, reinforcing the lesson content. The students were cooperative and attentive. In the afternoon, I assisted in distributing the midday meal, which helped me understand the importance of cooperation and responsibility in school life. I signed the attendance register and left the campus at 4:00 p.m.
π Reflections on the Twenty Eighth Day
The day was meaningful and enriching. Using the Digital Comic Book enhanced student engagement and boosted my confidence in integrating technology into teaching. The smaller class size enabled effective individual attention. Assisting with the midday meal helped me appreciate the wider responsibilities of a teacher.
22nd January 2026 - Thursday
#Twenty Ninth Day of Teaching Practice Phase II
Today, I reached the school by 9:40 a.m. and signed the attendance register as usual. During the forenoon session, I conducted the Achievement Test from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. The test was conducted smoothly, and students attempted the questions with seriousness and discipline under proper invigilation.
In the afternoon, I assisted in the Mid-Day Meal distribution, helping in organising students and maintaining hygiene. In the evening, NCC and martial arts practice were conducted, with students participating actively and displaying discipline and enthusiasm. I left the campus by 4:45 p.m.
πReflections on the Twenty Ninth Day
The day provided valuable insights into the academic, social, and co-curricular duties of a teacher. Observing NCC and martial arts practice helped me appreciate the role of physical education in shaping students’ confidence and responsibility.
23rd January 2026 - Friday
#Thirtieth Day of Teaching Practice Phase II











Comments
Post a Comment