THIRD BI- WEEKLY REPORT OF TEACHING PRACTICE PHASE II
FOURTH SEMESTER THIRD BI -WEEKLY REPORT OF TEACHING PRACTICE
16th December 2025 – 8th December 2025
During the fifth week of teaching practice (16th–18th December 2025), Christmas examinations were conducted in the school. I reached the school by 9:35 a.m. on all three days and signed the attendance register regularly. On the first day, I performed invigilation duty in a high school class. On the following days, I assisted teachers with examination-related responsibilities and discipline management. These days gave me valuable experience in understanding official examination procedures and administrative duties.
WEEKLY REPORT 6
6th January 2026 - Tuesday
#Twentieth Day of Teaching Practice Phase II
Today I reached the school for my teaching practice at 9:40 a.m. and signed the attendance register. It was the first working day after the Christmas holidays, and I felt happy to be back on campus. I met the students, mingled with them, and exchanged New Year wishes. We had a friendly conversation, which helped in rebuilding rapport with the children.
In the fourth and fifth periods, I dealt with a new chapter, ‘Village of the Watermills’ from the unit Echoes from Afar. The students showed interest in the lesson and participated actively. Handling the class after a short break was a good experience for me.
The lesson aimed to help learners understand how films and screenplays bring stories to life and to appreciate the peaceful lifestyle depicted in the scene.
I began the class with a friendly greeting and informal interaction about the movies they enjoy watching. The pupils responded actively, which created a positive learning environment.
The ICT-based entry activity was very effective. I showed a short video clip of working watermills, which the students enjoyed. This helped me introduce the concept of a screenplay. I used multimodal aids like the textbook, blackboard, and pictures to explain vocabulary such as exterior, gears, and wide shot. Students engaged in both loud and silent reading and followed the activities well.
Scaffolded questions and discourse activities ensured good participation. Most learners identified the features of a screenplay and completed the diary entry task enthusiastically.
Time management was satisfactory, and the intended learning outcomes were achieved.
Teaching aids used in teaching- learning:
Coursebook
Blackboard
ICT
https://www.canva.com/design/DAG9kHg17mo/4U2tD6CaOJSs_pnUkU6VPQ/edit
Videos
https://www.canva.com/design/DAG9qg82K10/WeLVE0rmO1dvCkxW3L4pMw/edit
Activity
In the afternoon, I helped in distributing food to the students during the lunch interval.
I taught again from the subunit ‘Village of the Watermills’ to the VIII C students. I began the class with a warm greeting and informal interaction. I engaged the students in a conversation about the movies and visual scenes they enjoy. The pupils responded positively and cooperated well.
The ICT-based entry activity was very effective. I showed a short video clip of working watermills and picturesque riverbanks. Students enjoyed the scene and expressed feelings of peace and happiness.
During the presentation of the text, I read the screenplay passage aloud with proper stress, intonation, and pronunciation. In track reading, students read silently and marked unfamiliar words. I explained vocabulary items such as banks, picturesque, and pick using pictures and demonstrations. The multimodal resources like videos and images greatly supported comprehension.
Scaffolded questions were used to generate better understanding of the scene. Most pupils answered correctly. They were able to identify the characters and their actions in the scene. The discourse construction activity using chart format was engaging. Students discussed what flowers symbolize and shared one tradition involving flowers in Kerala. They presented their ideas confidently.
Classroom management and learner participation were satisfactory. The assignment to write captions for the scene was also done well. A few learners needed support in pronunciation and expressing ideas. In future classes, I plan to include more group activities and peer support to help such students.
Teaching aids used in teaching- learning:
Coursebook
Blackboard
ICT
https://www.canva.com/design/DAG9kQdVoLE/G9K98UGtdDs_c_iFkjwWdA/edit
Video
https://youtube.com/shorts/ICcsjugPLAA?si=BYiL33rJJj6awhNh
Activity
Later in the sixth period, there was a PTA meeting for Standard X students. I assisted the teachers in conducting the meeting by registering the names of the students and their parents who attended the PTA. This gave me practical experience in school-related duties beyond classroom teaching.
We signed the attendance register again at 4:00 p.m. and left the campus by 4:45 p.m.
🌟Reflections on the twentieth day
I felt happy to reconnect with students after the Christmas holidays and rebuild classroom rapport. ICT-based video clips made the lesson lively and increased learner interest. I gained confidence in teaching screenplay texts and explaining vocabulary through multimodal aids. Active pupil participation showed that learning outcomes were achieved. Assisting in lunch duty and the PTA meeting made the experience more meaningful.
7th January 2026 - Wednesday
#Twenty First Day of Teaching Practice Phase II
Today, I reached the school at 9:40 a.m. in the morning and signed the attendance register. As part of my teaching schedule, I handled two classes for VIII C students during the third and fifth periods.
Today I taught the lesson ‘Village of the Watermills’ during my teaching practice, focusing on the theme of simple living versus modern convenience. I introduced the lesson through informal interaction and an entry activity using pictures of a bulb and an oil lamp, which effectively connected the topic to students’ real-life experiences. The screenplay passage was read aloud with proper pronunciation, followed by silent reading and vocabulary clarification using visual aids. Scaffolded questions and a group dialogue activity helped learners understand the village setting and the message of life without electricity. Classroom management and time management were satisfactory, and students participated actively. Overall, the lesson was learner-centered, value-oriented, and strengthened my confidence as a student teacher.
Teaching aids used in teaching- learning:
Coursebook
Blackboard
ICT
https://www.canva.com/design/DAG9kHg17mo/4U2tD6CaOJSs_pnUkU6VPQ/edit
Activity Card
The second class for them was on the same chapter and began with informal interaction and an entry activity using pictures, which helped relate the topic to students’ real-life experiences and generated interest. The screenplay was presented through loud reading, silent reading, and vocabulary explanation using visual aids and examples. Scaffolded questions and a group dialogue activity effectively assessed comprehension and encouraged creative participation. Classroom management and time management were satisfactory, and students remained attentive throughout. Overall, the lesson was learner-centered and value-based, strengthening my confidence in teaching screenplay texts and activity-oriented lessons, while highlighting the need for increased peer interaction in future classes.
Teaching aids used in teaching- learning:
Coursebook
Blackboard
ICT
https://www.canva.com/design/DAG9kQdVoLE/G9K98UGtdDs_c_iFkjwWdA/edit
Video
https://youtu.be/MvKC6A4n6Jc?si=JTMyL1lvJWETtqLq
Activity Card
I distributed the Second Terminal Examination (Christmas Examination) question papers to the students. The learners received the papers seriously and clarified a few doubts regarding the exam.
In the last period, I took the students for Physical Training class. I accompanied them and ensured proper discipline.
Today was also a special day as the tenth standard students went for their five-day tour. We, the student teachers, wished them well and shared our happiness with them.
At the end of the day, I completed all assigned duties and left the campus at 4:50 p.m. in the evening.
🌟Reflections on the twenty first day
Today’s teaching practice was productive and enriching, as I handled two classes on ‘Village of the Watermills’ for VIII C students. Classroom management and time management were satisfactory, and learners remained attentive throughout. Assisting with exam paper distribution and supervising the PT class helped me understand my wider responsibilities as a teacher.








Comments
Post a Comment